Welcome to the website of 18F (Wimbledon) Squadron, Air Training Corps.
The ATC is made up of nearly 1000 squadrons divided into 6 Regions which then split into 36 Wings. 18F (Wimbledon) Squadron is attached to Surrey Wing within the London and South East Region.
The Air Training Corps, along with the Combined Cadet Force (RAF), make up the Air Cadet Organisation (ACO).
The Mission of the Air Cadet Organisation:
To be a modern, dynamic, sustainable air-minded youth organisation of choice
that offers fun and challenging opportunities.
• To promote and encourage among young people a practical interest in
aviation and the RAF.
• To provide training which will be useful in both the Services and in civilian
• To foster the spirit of adventure and to develop the qualities of leadership
Our Cadets, aged 13 to 18, and our supporting staff, get the opportunity to participate in a wide range of stimulating and rewarding activities. Some of our activities include:
• Visits to Royal Air Force Stations
• Trips to foreign countries
• Getting fit and playing sports from local to International level
• Adventure Training including canoeing, caving, climbing and camping
• Duke of Edinburgh’s Awards
• First Aid
• Developing leadership skills
• Assisting the local community
• Learning about aviation, the RAF, and navigation
For more information on our activities, please have a look at the 'Activities' page.
We are always looking for new cadets. The ATC also welcomes adult volunteers. If you are interested in finding out for yourself what we do, see the ‘Join Us’ page.